The Fusilier Museum in Bury tells the story of local and national Fusilier regiments with collections that cover over 300 years of history. The museum engages visitors with the stories and collections representing the men, women and children who have had a connection to the Fusiliers and their experiences of both war and peace.
I worked as Senior Consultant for PLB Projects Ltd to deliver an Activity Plan for the museum's Stage 2 HLF bid. The work involved:
- Background research to inform the bid content
- Consultation with local, regional and national stakeholders
- Writing and delivering an online teacher survey, a visitor exit survey and non-user face to face survey for the museum
- Conducting three focus groups with teachers and key target audience groups
- Leading workshops with museum staff and volunteers to identify key target audiences, scope activities and plan ahead
- Creating a costed three-year plan of activity, including job descriptions for staff and volunteers
- Developing a volunteer recruitment strategy and evaluation plan
- Writing the Activity Plan and Action Plan to comply with HLF guidelines.
I've worked on several projects with PLB and love working with their dedicated team. We were delighted that our Activity Plan helped the museum secure £815,000 of funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund in July 2013.